Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Friend is a Genius

Well...tonight was spent making my Father's Day gift for my daddy. I'm making him a CD of some of his favorite songs that I sing. I just finished making the CD cover. It's pretty cool looking. If I take a picture of the finished product, I'll post it on my myspace page. But this post is about my genius of a friend. Ben, who was running the sound, did this amazing cut and paste of one of the songs. It was about the fourth time I sang one of the songs...I had just put a new piece of gum in my mouth and towards the end of the song, I almost choked on the spit in my mouth. It was a little funny when it happened...but I finished the song anyway. Well...since I had messed up he wanted me to sing it one more time...making this be the fifth time I sang it. I had the words in front of me the whole time, but I still missed one of the words in the bridge. Well he took the second one that I sang and cut the ending to that one and then pasted it to the last song I did. I swear he's a genius...he got it right the first time. We both looked at each other with this shocked look on our faces. I was very impressed. I think if I ever do make a CD for real...I'm definitely having him come down to be there too because my friend Ben ... he's a genius.
Other news...we've got 9 days until the beach. We are officially in single digits. I'm so excited!!!!! I will hate the fact that I'm going to be gone for Father's Day, but my dad and I will be doing something special the weekend before...which is this weekend.
BTW...27 = 12...that's what I learned tonight while recording those songs. LOL!!!
Until next time....

1 comment:

marnmic said...

Way to go, Ben!

What songs did you put on your Cd, Deb? You didn't tell us.