Monday, January 28, 2008

Almost the end of January

Hi there peoples...

Life here has been uneventful for the most part, but I'm sure I'll be able to find something to write.

GOALS
Over these past four weeks, my young adult Sunday school class has made making some changes in their lives. I've been pretty excited about seeing the outcome. This year instead of doing "Resolutions" we decided to make goals. I know it's probably the same, but I tell you I have only kept one of my resolutions I made...and that was as a joke...hoping I would break it. Trying some reserse psychology...but that didn't work. LOL!!!

God really prepared us for these changes over the course of last year. After our study on spiritual gifts, we began studying the spiritual disciplines. It seemed that when we began implementing them changes in our lives had occured. It's been neat to see how God has been allowing me to hear things more than once. For instance, last year I was able to visit a church in the area and the preacher spoke on the subject of prayer and it was a different perspective than what my pastor and our Sunday school teacher had brought to the table.

We went through some changes toward the end of the year with our Sunday school teacher leaving and the original teacher taking the class back again. That has been really good for us too...because we have seen growth in our teacher since he first began the class. Currently we are studying the book "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado. The study guide has been very helpful in pointing us to look into our lives and find ways of applying what we have read in the Scripture references of David's life and the book chapters as well.

This afternoon I got an email from one of my friends who began the goals with us at the beginning of the year. She was so excited that we were in week 4 of this...and she was still excited about it. I began to think about past years when I did "resolutions" how by week 4 I usually had forgot what I even had as a resolution.

MISSIONS CONFERENCE
Some excitement still ahead...in February we are having our missions conference. I'm really excited this year because one of the missionaries coming is Rick & Carol Hudson. They were our missionary host to Mexico back in 2006. We began supporting them after our trip to Mexico...and our young adult class is one of the reasons we are able to support him. We collect an offering each week and we have a monthly total we try to get collected. It was exciting for us to get to start that this year. Rick promised us...that if our church began supporting him, he would come with bells on...so we are really excited for this missions conference.

WOMEN OF FAITH
In April, we have the annual Women of Faith conference. This is a special time of year, because one of the girls in our "gang" became a really good friend after spending the weekend with her at WOF. This years theme is Infinite Grace. I'm excited because not only is Natalie Grant going to be at the one we are attending, but also Nicole C. Mullen. Most of you know I really like the song "One Touch (Press)" by her.

Well...like I said earlier this has not been too eventful...but I figure I would be able to find something to write about ... LOL!!! I'm sure I'll be writing as the year continues...I'll try to do better, because my mom really likes reading my blogs...even though most of them she already has heard the information. LOL!!

No comments: