Friday, April 18, 2008

AA Talks...

Audio Adrenaline frontman Mark Stuart and bassist Will McGinnis have joined together again to present the first AA Talks at Bridges Christian Church in Russell, KY.

This was an amazing event. I went not knowing what to expect, but I left with so much encouragement. The one verse that was used to really bring home the point of the whole evening was Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and beore thou camest out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." God knew us as he was knitting us together in our mother's womb. I think it's interesting how this thought was brought in my life again this week. I wrote a few blogs ago about this thought of God creating us for His glory at the beginning ... in our mother's wombs and stuff. Well...here it is again. He used a quote how we need to give Him the pen to write our story...instead of taking it from Him and trying to write ours. My friend Sara has a way of remembering those little convicting quotes to use when I begin to talk about comfort zones, new adventures, etc. Well...there she was again...with "give Him the pen." What a simple thought that each of us there tonight will bring home with us. Give Jesus the pen so He can write our story for His glory. I think it's great how my friends are so supportive of me. They encourage me and believe in me more than I do myself. God has definitely blessed me with some really great ones. We missed those who were not able to be with us, but we also went home encouraged by fellow Christians who are giving the pen back to God to allow Him to use them.

1 comment:

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.