Saturday, May 10, 2008

May...a great month...

but something is feeling off. I don't know what it is...it may be all the craziness that has shown itself in my life and the lives of those around me. Circumstances that have presented themselves which cause questions and sides to be chosen. I know a lot of you may not understand about this...hey, I'm living it and I don't know that I do. But one thing I'm reminded of during this crazy, hectic time...is God is in control. I love that statement. It is a good reminder that I don't need to worry about life. He's in control. I may not understand what's happening...or why, but He's in control. One of the lessons a college instructor tried to teach us was "to not let the circumstances in life distract you." In other words...don't let things get in the way of the big picture. Recently I have been reflecting what on other lessons this instructor taught me...and the more I think the more I remember that his lifestyle showed this lesson. He never let those circustances in life distract him from the purpose that God had given him. He was always there with an open door to his office to hear our crazy circumstances, overwhelming problems, and even the good things that God was teaching us in our life.

It's so important that we continue to pass what we have learned to others. Something I hope I am currently doing. I want others to see in my lifestyle that even if the craziness of this world seems to blow up in my pathway...I will not let it distract me from the purpose that God has for me in this life.

My title is May is a great month...there are reasons every year that I think May is a great month...there's a particular celebration at the end of the month (well...on the 27th of the month) that is very special to me. But this month there is also a special month, because I have two of my family members visiting around that time. YEAH!!! My sister Mary and her family and my brother David and his family. I'm so excited about their visit. I love it when family can visit...I wish we all lived closer to each other.

I'll be 38 this year. One of the choir members told me when I got older I was supposed to not be counting the days until that day...but I replied back that ... "as long as God gives me the days to count...I want to be excited about them." I love the song "God is God" by Steven Curtis Chapman. The line "Can I even take a breath without God giving it to me" is one of my favorites...because it's so true. God is in control (just like I was writing about earlier).

Anyway...I need to close for now...I haven't been feeling well today...so I'm gonna go and lay down again.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

Did Mom tell you that we aren't coming now since Mickey is home. I do not want to leave him.