Monday, June 16, 2008

Comfort Zones...

It's amazing to me how sometimes when I don't step out of my comfort zone, God will allow circumstances to cause me to take a step anyway. Here's the deal...The company where I work, has two offices. My boss is manager for both offices. I used to work in the main office until January of 2007 when I was moved to the branch office. This was not a good move for me...or so I thought. I ended up accepting the move and made it home. So when I was called last Tuesday and told that I would be moved back to the main office, I wasn't too happy. In fact, I was really upset, as I felt I was being ripped from my home. Now what's interesting is when I was moved from the main office, I wanted this day to come quickly...but now that I got used to my customers in the branch office, I realized it was a great place to work.

Let's just say the first day I was having a hard time dealing with the move. Last Wednesday, I requested prayer from my church family to pray that I would be able to adjust quickly to the move and that any bitterness would be uprooted before the deep roots set it.

PTL! I'm adjusting well. Thursday and Friday my boss was not there, and it helped me to get back into a routine of what I needed to do. The sort of traffic coming in the office is different. The people in the branch office, are there to pay their bill and pretty much leave afterward...the people dealing with the main office are farm people and are usually not in a hurry. It's been a nice pace...even though the main office is "busier." I have been able to get adjusted to the pace of work. In fact today I actually left with all my paperwork completed on my desk. That was a nice feeling.

Something that I realized this weekend was how I was struggling with the change, but when my friend Mary was singing on Sunday morning, I realized I needed to look at this situation as a way to bring glory to God. She was singing "Bring the Rain"...I know the song was written out of a pain circumstance and it's nothing about moving jobs, but I could take that song to relate...that when God wants to move me to a different work place, I need to bring glory to Him. My favorite line of that song comes from the second verse...

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

"So tell me what's a little rain"...no matter what we are going through it doesn't compare to what God has done for us ... taken our death payment. Since He did that for us...'what's a little rain.' It's made my viewpoint much different.

I'm glad God has given me this job...and my friends have reminded me of a job I had before this one, where it was a lot more worse conditions...and for me to accept this change in zones is not going to be a "big" deal.

God is good...and I'm glad He steps in to allow those changes to help draw us closer to Him.

Until next time....

No comments: