Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer is here...

tomorrow...That means it's time to really get things started at church with VBS. Interesting how last year we did an amazing amount of decorations and thought to ourselves 'we really need to start earlier next year.' So we met right after they decided which VBS to use (maybe late March), and we had a meeting about what we wanted to do with the decorations. Met another Saturday early April to begin working on the decorations. We worked that Saturday on getting the stones painted for the memory verses, and then we waited...and waited...and waited. Until two Saturdays ago and thought 'we really need to start the decorations' we made a list of stuff we would need to work with...and we met on a Thursday (I believe it was last Thursday) to shop for that stuff. Saturday morning we met (I cleaned the church while they worked on some stuff), and we met again Tuesday and Thursday of this week. Tuesday I began working with the chicken wire to make Dinosaur legs for our Dinosaur coming out of the baptistery. Kat worked on some things, Sara worked on the signs to hang in front of the church, Ginger and Mary worked on trying to get the molds to work. Tonight we met again. I worked on the head of the Dinosaur, and got it shaped. Mary worked on the memory verses, Sara worked on the sign for the front of the Sanctuary, and Kat worked with me on the head and the sign with Sara. We feel we are getting more done this year, but I know there is still more to go. I was looking at the calendar today and we have 7 more work days scheduled...one of those is the Saturday before we want decorations completely up. We have set some time aside to work on these ideas and we have goals for each work session. I think we can do it...it may be crazy at times, but I really think we can do it.

In other news...tomorrow night I'm heading to meet with some classmates for a 20 year reunion...I can't believe I've been out of school for 20 years. It's a little depressing in a way, because I never thought my life would be this way, but yet in a way, the way I had dreamed it is probably not what God has planned for my life. Perspective is the key ... I could think about the what if's, but really I believe I'm where God has planned for me to be. I may not like it at times, but as long as I'm faithful to God and what He has for me to do, then I need to be thankful at where I am.

Well...that's about all for now...I'm getting tired and I probably should head to bed...I need good rest for tonight...as Joyce will be out of the office tomorrow...and I'm not sure how long Brent will be staying ... if he even comes into the office.

Until next time...

No comments: