Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tobymac in Theaters and some news about life...

Hey there...just wanted to give some news to you peoples...

Last night June 9, 2008, the 2008 Artist of the Year Tobymac had a showing of Tobymac's Alive and Transporter in 101 theaters across the United States. I had the privledge to go to the showing at Marque Cinemas in Huntington at Pullman Square. It was a blast. My friends Ben and Kat went with me. We had a really good time. Ben asked me on the way there if this was a movie or a concert. I told him "both"...he said, "no there's two different events...there's a certain way to act at a concert and a certain way to act at the movies. How am I supposed to act?" I said..."however you want to."

Before the concert/movie started, the previews came on and they showed a preview of the new movie by the church that made "Facing the Giants" and "Flywheel". It stars Kirk Cameron and is called "Fireproof". It looks good. I'm excited to see more about it closer to the release date.

I really liked how they set up the movie for "Alive and Transported." On the DVD, it has the entire concert, and then bonus features are of band member profiles, Toby talking about preshow, postshow, etc. But during the showing in the theaters it blended the artist profiles in between the concert footage. It was really good.

After the concert/movie ended, I leaned over to Ben and asked "was it a concert or a movie?" He answered "yes." I said, "I told you." He said he would probably call it a rockumentary.

We left the theater and headed home listening to Toby as we drove back to their house.

Tomorrow I have an eye appointment. This is a checkup to check the pressures in my eye for the glaucoma I have in my right eye and to see if the drops are working.

I got news today that I'm going to be working in the Greenup Office indefinitely. I hate change. I have a feeling that God has been showing me that I need to step out of my comfort zone more than I have lately. I mean, I did do a few things differently, but as far as work, I'm getting VERY comfortable. I know that once I get settled into things I'll be doing better, but it's just the fact that it's hard to change. Please be in prayer for me. This is going to affect my gas budget, so pray I'm able to change the budget easy.

I'm hoping to see "The Happening" on Friday with my friends. It comes out on Friday the 13th...which is one of my favorite days. I think it's because a lot of people don't like it. I'm not for sure if the entire gang is going to go though...Kat is scared to go at night...but I think she will be fine with everyone with her. I guess we will finalize plans tomorrow night at church.

Well...that's all for now. Until next time...

1 comment:

lauren said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications