Sunday, July 13, 2008

1 Down...

First night of Vacation Bible School....wow!!! It was fun...but I'm worn out. I began the day early...my alarm woke me at 6:15...and I got a shower and began getting dressed for church. I got to the church around 8:00. Since the electricity had gone out yesterday (a major transformer), I hadn't gotten finished cleaning the church. So I was taking my mom's cordless sweeper, and going to do some minor cleaning in the sanctuary. The good thing...the electricity came back on at church sometime before I got there. So I was able to use the "real" vacuum. I got the sanctuary cleaned and then headed over to the house and started vacuuming there. It was still needing a good sweeping from the decorations.

After morning service, Cheryl and I headed to lunch and then we came back to the church. Cheryl and Sharon worked on decorations upstairs and I worked on offering chart and missionary board. The young adults began drifting in getting stuff ready for their areas. It feels good to have the first day down. It was a little different beginning on Sunday night, but I think I like it.

Tonight's memory verse comes from Psalm 150:1, 2 "Praise ye the Lord...Praise Him for his mighty acts, Praise Him for his excellent greatness." In music time we are working on the memory verse to help the kids learn the verse. I know what good can come from Scripture memorization. There are still verses I remember from my days in VBS...I believe they are words of comfort when I need them.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

Well, all the prep was hard work, but now comes the even harder work...teaching! Have a great week! We'll trust thing will go just great! :-)