Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3 Down...



Well...day three of VBS has finished. It was a great evening. We were down in attendance tonight, but it was still a good evening. We had 67 kids and 37 helpers for a total of 104.

Tonight's memory verse was "I John 4:9, In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten son into the world, that we might live through Him." Wow! I just checked to make sure I put all the words in it, and I was right. This was one of the more difficult verses. That word manifested had some of the kids struggling. I told them it meant "revealed or shown to us." It always helped me to understand the "big" words. I reminded them if they had probably heard the word "begotten" when they learned John 3:16. Which a few of them had added to this verse tonight. Some of them were able to say it, but there were still a few that didn't quite get it.

We had two kids accept Jesus as their Savior. Tonight's lesson was on forgiveness. The kids seem to remember the lesson from each night. I'll ask them different questions sometimes during music time. We have narrowed down the songs they will be singing for the program, so we are now just trying to work on each song and verses. I'd like for each group to do a verse, and then maybe have a couple of volunteers to do the ones the classes are not doing.

Well...two more nights to go as far as class evenings and then the program on Friday. I've got one more work day this week, as I'm taking Thursday and Friday off as vacation days. I'm definitely ready for a couple of vacation days.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

YAY! Kids acceping Jesus. In the clubs in Columbus that Maddie is working in, three accepted Him yesterday. What a great week to hear about five new brothers and sister! AMen!