Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4 Down...

Well...it's been a really good week. I have really enjoyed myself even though it's very tiresome...especially after working so long and hard on the decorations, I didn't think I would be able to have enough energy to make it through, but I've been able to do it...the kids give off some of their energy and they are able to help me leave work and the things of this life behind with their smiles and special times.

Tonight I worked with each class on the song and verse they would be doing for the program. They really seem to be coming along. I wish there was a way for me to express the incredible sense of fulfillment working with these kids. It seems that the kids attitude is different this year, and they are really excited to be here. I mean there are those you have to call down some, but those seem to be the ones you love.

Totals for tonight was 70 kids and 36 workers for a total of 106. Two kids accepted Jesus as Savior tonight...they were from the 5th & 6th grade class. Those kids are the ones working on the song "God is God". These kids are the ones who are too young for the songs from the VBS music selection, but they are also too young for some of the more "older" songs (for lack of a better word). I chose the song "God is God" by Steven Curtis Chapman for two reasons. My favorite line comes from the second verse...

Can I form a single mountain? Take these stars in hand and count them? Can I even take a breath without God giving it to me? He is first and last, before all that has been beyond all that will pass.

My favorite part is the question..."can I even take a breath without God giving it to me?" We are living because God has a purpose for each of our lives. He's giving us the breath we need to live. When He's finished with our lives, that breath will cease. Until then, I need to be serving and living my life for Him, because God is God, and I am not.

Tonight's Bible verse I think helps to bring home the point that God is God. It comes from Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our God shall stand forever." Things around us will die, and the flowers will wilt and fade away, but God's word stands forever, because it's TRUTH! God is God...that's all there is to it.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night, our last night, and I'll be working on getting the songs on poster board. I'll need to go to Walmart tomorrow pick up supplies to do that. Hopefully I can work on them tomorrow afternoon or even tomorrow.

I wanted to add a youtube video of the song sung by Steven Curtis Chapman (mom sorry I don't have the words printed out, but I'm sure you will forgive me).



Until next time...

No comments: