Thursday, July 31, 2008

BRAINWASH

Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (NASB)

I need a brainwash, from my head to my soul
I need a brainwash, bring it down to my toes
I need a brainwash, in and out cause you know
I need a B-R-A-I-N double wash

Catchy lyric from the song "Brainwash" off Nicole C. Mullen's CD "A Dream to Believe in"...but such a true phrase. Our society is full...jam packed with information, but how much of this "information" is really needed. Paul stated in Romans to renew your mind. Well...it looks like I may be getting the opportunity to do this renewing in a school setting.

Yes, that's right, you read the last statement correctly. I'm thinking of going back to school. I don't know how many times I said I wouldn't go back, and I'm still having a hard time grasping it, but it looks that God's doors are opening to do this. As of now, I'm looking at a BA in Bible with a minor in Christian Education. 50 hours of my classes at Southland are able to transfer, so it's good to not have to start at the beginning. It looks as though I'll have to take a lot of my Bible classes over, but again, the Bible states we need to "study" the word of God to show ourselves approved unto God.

I hope to at least take the math class to begin with, but I may take another class that night. I really don't know about the other class...I sorta wanted to start off slowly. LOL!!!

Anyway...The chorus to brainwash has played in my head a lot since I heard it the other night...especially since I had been praying about going back to school. I sort of made the decision to go to see if the doors would close on me, instead of stay open, but they are still wide open for now. I wasn't sure my boss would be able to let me off early for the class that begins at 5:00 pm. That was the big door I thought would shut immediately...but he's pretty open to work with me on my schedule. I'm sure there may be other days eventually, but for now there's only one day I would need off at 5:00.

I would appreciate your continued prayers on this matter. It's something I have been thinking about for awhile now, and my friend Mary who is going back to school really has encouraged me to do it...at least one class to see about it. I've been out of school for a lot longer than she has, so she's trying to get me to ease my way into again.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

taking classes is so cool. Where are you going though? Where around there could you get the Bible and Christian Edcuation....I'm having a brain freeze and cannot think of any schools, but that is so cool! When do you start?