Monday, July 28, 2008

I Will Carry You

"I Will Carry You" is a song recorded by the Christian music group Selah. Todd Smith one of the guys from the group and his wife Angie wrote this song with Christa Wells (who also wrote "Held" recorded by Natalie Grant) in memory of their daughter Audrey Caroline. Angie's blog has been an inspiration to me. My sister Mary introduced me to the blog and I emailed Angie to get her permission to post the follow youtube video featuring the song "I Will Carry You." If you get a chance to stop by her blogspot there's a link on my page. I'm sure she would be honored for you to hear the story of her daughter Audrey. (The words to the song are below the video...please watch the video and then you can play again to read the words.)

The song is a demo version and has not been released on a CD yet. Enjoy...



I Will Carry You

There were photographs I wanted to take
Things I wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this?

People say that I am brave but I'm not
Truth is I'm barely hanging on
But there's a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this

So I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And I will praise the One Who's chosen me
To carry you

Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But I know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says...

I've shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?

I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All your life
And I will praise the One Who's chosen Me
To carry you

No comments: