Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My genius of a friend Ben & prayer requests

So...if you have read this blog since I began posting for frequently you have read about my genius friend Ben (blog posting from June 2007). He recorded the CD for me that I gave to my dad for Father's Day last year. Well...he's at it again. This Sunday we are beginning Vacation Bible School. He and I will be doing the music again. He runs the sound and I sing and teach the songs. Well...this year's music is quite young sounding...and our wonderful 5th and 6th graders I'm afraid are going to have a hard time showing excitment for that type of music. I have picked a couple of the "older" sounding songs, but I still wanted to have a song they could use for the program that was geared more for the older age, than the young kids songs. Well...I chose "God is God" by Steven Curtis Chapman. The thing is...the song is sorta long, and plus the second verse is what I wanted them to sing anyway.

Well...here's where I call on my trusty friend Ben. He took the song, recorded it on the sound system, and began editing...and what an amazing editor he is. He was take the first part of the song (intro and 1st verse) and paste it with the last part of the song (2nd chorus and bridge to the end). It sounds GREAT!!! Really great! If you didn't know what he was doing with it, you wouldn't be able to hear that it had been cut.

I'm so thankful that God has blessed our church with people who can do these things in honor of Him. Pastor was reminding us tonight about how much work had been done at the church...new carpet in the sanctuary, new sound system, new a/c (no more window air conditioners). Now we are just finishing the renovations to the fellowship hall, kitchen and office area. The floor will hopefully be finished tomorrow, and by Saturday we should be able to be prepared for VBS to begin Sunday night.

Please be in prayers for that VBS week. Pray for the children coming, that God will prepare their hearts to bring them to the knowledge of Him as Savior, or to bring a child closer to Him. Pray for the attitudes and health for the workers (that we will be a smiling face to brighten...everyone else in attendance...not just the kids, but also the other workers.)

Until next time...

No comments: