Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Music in my player...

Hey there...I went to Wal-mart tonight and happened upon the new Nicole C. Mullen CD. When I saw her in April at WOF (Women of Faith), she mentioned the new CD, but I didn't know it had been released yet...knowing the way I have been lately, it may have been out for awhile and I'm just happening to see it. Anyway...I purchased it and listened to part of it on the way home (the luxuary of having a great car stereo with a CD player...thanks to my friends).

Anyway...I have this thing about the number 6 song on CDs. I don't know why, but it seems that the 6th song on a CD seems to be one that really gets to me. Some past examples: CeCe Winans (self title CD - #6 - "No One", Thy Kingdom Come - #6 - "Waging War), Steven Curtis Chapman (Declaration CD - #6 - "See The Glory"), Natalie Grant (Awaken CD - #6 "Another Day"). It's just something now that I have come to end up liking the #6 song. Not sure why it works that way, but these are just a few examples.

So, tonight I got to the 6th song and the title got me..."Treat Her Like a Lady". The title is just something I have been thinking about when I've been praying for my future husband. I want someone who will treat me like Jesus treats me...like royalty. That is something that has become important to me over the past few months when thinking about my past relationships this is something that I don't feel had been displayed. I hate that I allowed myself to be treated in a way that was not the highest standard. I know that Jesus wants me to be feel loved and treasure because He sees me as a precious treasure of His own...So why do I allow men who date me to treat me lesser than that? Lonliness? Just the fact of wanting to be like others in my social circles? Whatever the reason was...God has been dealing with me more about this situation of what I want in a mate. I have really searched my heart so when I meet this special man, I'll know. Because I have been praying for him.

Since this is an issue I feel God has been dealing with me about, it's cool that He brought a song for me to help remember this trait in which I'm praying my future husband displays. The chorus says the following:

"Treat her like a lady, Like she was your mama's baby, Treat her like a lady, Treat her like a queen, Treat her like a lady, And I promise one day baby, That if you treat her like a lady, She will love you like a king"

Reading the last phrase reminds me of the Scriptures commanding the husband to love his wife like Christ loves the church, and the wife to submit to her husband. This is an interesting passage, and I once heard it put this way and I think I will always remember it. God doesn't command the wife to love the husband, but to submit to him...but the commandment to the husband is "love your wife..." but it doesn't stop there...there's an example given. "love your wife like Christ loves the church". If the husband loves his wife like Christ loves the church...then the wife will easily submit to her husband. I wish I could remember who spoke that message in that way...there are two speakers that I think could have said it, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was that actually said it.

Anyway...I may write tomorrow about the other song that hit me pretty heavy. It's a good one too.

Until next time...

No comments: