Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wrap up to VBS week



Picture is of the 5th & 6th grade class, before singing "God is God".

Well...it definitely has been an excellent week. Pastor talked this morning during the service about VBS and how he thought it was the best in all the years he had been pastor. I know I thought it was a good one.

We had 96 registered students...of those registered there were 42 who had perfect attendance. We are very excited that there were 8 kids to accept Jesus as their Savior. Now I'm really glad I waited to write this blog because of the amazing thing that happened today. Our Sunday school was packed. Four of the kids who accepted Jesus this week were here for church. There were 18 kids in Junior church grades 3 - 6 (but I think two of them were getting ready to head to the 7th grade). The workers for that class said they were very well behaved, and the regular class members mingled with the new ones. They are planning a trip to Kings Island in three weeks and they have invited the news ones to go with them, but they do have to be there for the next three Sundays.

Back to the VBS update...our missionaries for the week were Jim & Connie Jeremias. They are missionaries with Rock of Ages Prision Fellowship. The Jeremias' have a need for Bibles for those in prison in Lithuania. As of Thursday night, the offering for that was $280.34, but we still have to count for the Friday night total. I know that there is at least $25.00 more.

We got most everything back to order at church. There is still a few heavy things to move, but hopefully they will be moved tonight.

All in all it's been a very good week. Yes a lot of us are tired, but we definitely feel it's worth it. I am thankful I had the opportunity to work with the music and memory verses. I think it helped me to remember that I can memorize verses even though I'm A LOT older than some of the kids.

Thanks for the prayers of those who were able to keep this week in prayer for us. I know it was appreciated...and the accomplishments wouldn't have been possible without those prayers.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

The hard work paid off.
We have a CEF club next week instead of VBS this year. Pray that we can really make a dent in our church's neighborhood! :-)