Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Check out this CD...

Anthony Evans - "The Bridge"

This worship CD by Anthony Evans (Dr. Tony Evans' son) is really great. I heard one of the singles from it towards the end of last year "Glory to the King." It's upbeat tempo and soulful vocal expression by Anthony was a great combination. I love the quote from his bio for this CD "I took worship songs that are known in more of a contemporary environment and played them with a little more flavor." Because a "little more flavor" is what Anthony does with ANY song he sings. I can't pick my favorite track yet...but a few I'm really enjoying to listen to over and over are two slower worship songs "Wonderful, Merciful Savior" and "The Way You Love Me." The first one written by Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse. I love the simplicity that Anthony brings to this song. I can be driving in my car and when the lyric "You are the One that we praise, You are the One we adore..." I just want to lift my hands to praise to God and enjoy that moment of worship.

The latter of the songs mentioned "The Way that You Love Me" is such an honest prayer. I know I have been there...in that place where my way is no longer able to be pursued...in fact I'm sorta there now. Letting God take the reins and run with my life. The first two verses and chorus are below.

This heart breaks slowly
Tell me what are you doing to me
When I pray do what it takes
I didn't know I'd lose everything
Everything that meant anything to me is gone
Something right has to come from this wrong

It is the hurt that breaks me
It is the pain that pulls me to my knees
And the tears they change me
Til what I couldn't see
Become so clear to me
This is the way...the way that you love

My way destroyed me
I couldn't see I was my worst enemy
So you took away til my soul ached
And I knew that it was no mistake
That everything that meant anything to me is gone
Something right has to come from this wrong

Repeast chorus


I can't figure out the entire bridge of the song yet, but I'll get it eventually. I usually am able to pick that out while driving. For some reason, I'm able to hear the lyrics clearer when driving. I remember when I was trying to figure out an adlib line from Avalon's "Renew Me". I couldn't for the life of me get it when I was typing the lyrics for I:43 to sing, but I was driving to work one day and as I went under the tracks in Russell, I heard it. And now, everytime I hear the song I pick it out.

Anyway...something I was thinking about today. I was writing my testimony for part of my application for school, and while I was writing it I could see areas in the past three years where God is leading in different circumstances towards teaching. The first being my trip to Mexico with the church. We were able to work with two areas that week. One teaching conversational English to college students, and working with children in the VBS. Even with the language barrier, I still was able to make friends with a little girl. I still am looking for the picture of her. I have one, but there is one with me and her together. Anyway, this past VBS at our church, I was working with the music time, but since our sessions were 25 minutes I was able to teach the memory verse too. I really wasn't planning on doing the verse. I kept telling Cheryl that they would have to do it in another session, because I didn't want to teach it, but in my first class that very first night, I began teaching the verse. And the kids responded to it. We were able to make up motions to help remembering what came next...and the kids actually went to tell their teachers the verses from memory.

Now the last situation was just a simple one. At church on Sunday I was standing next to the pew with my purse and I was putting some stuff in it and this little girl from VBS came up to me and leaned into me...then put her arms around me to give me a hug. I remembered the little girl from VBS, but I couldn't for the life of me remember her name. I talked with her for a little bit and she told me she was going on vacation and would be back in a week. I told her to have a good time and when she left, I asked Cheryl, "what's her name?" She told me, but I still can't remember what it was. But I sat there and thought about that today. I love kids...I enjoy talking to them about the things they like. I love showing them that I'm a big kid myself and am able to like the things they like to.

I remember when "High School Musical" was really big, and I went up to one of the classes and walked out singing "Getcha head in the game" and the kids all big eyed began asking me if I watched "High School Musical." All my friends know that I have no clue what is on regular tv, but ask me stuff about the Disney channel and I could probably tell you just about every show line up. LOL!!! Anyway...I'm still not for sure what area for education I want to study...but I believe education is definitely what God is leading me towards. I like my friend Mary's reasoning for me to go back to school. She said, "DeeJay, you may not end up being a teacher at a school, but maybe God will open the door for you to get married and adopt or have children and you will end up homeschooling." (She knows that is one of my dreams, to be a mom and homeschool my children.) I was reminded that God doesn't always show us the entire blueprint, but He sometimes just shows us the tools that are needed for that particular project or area where He's working.

Until next time...

No comments: