Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fireproof...

Two reasons for this post...one to celebrate the opening of the movie "Fireproof" this Friday. I'm SO excited. Four of my friends are planning to go this Friday on opening day to see it. It's funny because we are all single, but we each are praying for the opportunity to experience a godly marriage.

I have been engaged once, and I'm thankful God allowed the relationship to end. We were just on different pages. We both were Christians, but I believe that was the only thing we really had in common. I look back on many of my relationships with the thankfulness God stepped in and stopped the relationship. Yes, I was hurt when they ended, but looking back hindsight, I see so many obstacles and problems.

Anyway...we are really excited to see this movie. I have bought the book "Love Dare" to read when I get to enjoy the experience of "fun reading" again. Also I bought the novel based from the script. I read the one that went with "Facing the Giants" and it was really good...had a lot more about the character of David.

The second reason for writing this post to remember three Hebrew men, who stood against what was wrong and was able to show they were "fireproof." Back in the 80's Russ Taff recorded a song entitled "Not Gonna Bow." It was one of my favorite songs, because it compared the experience of the three Hebrew boys with a modern experience of how we can stand up and show that we believe in God.

We live in a world today where there are many privledges being taken away from us... Prayer in schools, 10 Commandments posted in public places, etc. We live in a world where the ACLU is trying to allow minorities to be heard, yet when Christians come to them with problems, are they helping them? I have a friend who teaches in a public school. He has said, that if he ever got in trouble for sharing his beliefs with his class, he would love to call the ACLU to see if they would help him. Then when they realize he was sharing his "Christian" beliefs, and they would try to get out of it, he would call the "Christian Law Assocation" (CLA) to sue the ACLU. It would be an interesting argument.

We need to take a stand. Is it easy? No. Is it necessary? Yes. With the election of the United States, we need to go to God...allowing Him to direct our choice in President. He will not lead us astray. We need to not bow to what the world wants...and to stand in God's strength.

*Title of post is "Fireproof," a song by the group Pillar.

1 comment:

marnmic said...

I think we are going to see the movie, but I think we may wait until Saturday's matinee...not sure yet. We are still discussing it. I can't wait though.
The new young married class is taking a group. It should be a lot of fun. :-)