Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Watch the Lamb, Thank You, I Think I See Gold, and I Pledge Alligence to the Lamb...

*Note...This blog contains material that may need to be monitored before allowing anyone under 21 to read."

I apologize beforehand for having to put this statement at the beginning of this blog, but I do believe that we need to be aware of happenings in our Christian circle...including sins of the sexual nature.

The title of this blog are titles of songs. Each of these songs have impacted my life. A few of these songs have won awards of some kind. Each song was each written/recorded by a man by the name of Ray Boltz.

I was sadden to hear that Ray Boltz has said he is now gay. Yes, you read this correctly. On his official website, he states he will be performing for at two different churches. Both congregations are a part of a denomination that embrases the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community.

Just in the last week, I read the account of how God Himself destroyed a city polluted with sin. Abraham begged God, "if I can find 50 people who are faithful, will you hold your wrath?" God said, "yes, if you find that..." Abraham eventually went to God and asked, "if I can find 10 people...", BUT there wasn't even 10 people to be found in that city who were faithful. Lot packed up his family and headed out of the city.

In that chapter after that account between Abraham and God, two angels come to meet with Lot. Lot takes them to his house, and the men of Sodom, come to Lot's house and asks "to bring the men out unto us, that we may know them." Those men of the city wanted to have sex with the angels who were visiting Lot. What does Lot do??? He says to the men of the city, "I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. Behold now, I have two daugthers which have not known man, let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you..." I'm not going to go into Lot's dicision to these men asking to be with his visitors.

It saddens me that men and women of faith, choose this lifestyle because the Bible states clearly it is sin. Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (KJV) Also in Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination..." (KJV)

From the CM Blog "The Scriptorium" "Contender Ministries" Ben Rast writes...
"Contrary to the opinions of some, the Old Testament is not the only place in the Bible that condemns homosexuality...In Romans 1:26-27 Paul is very specific, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recomplense of their error which was meet." In I Corinthians 6:9, Paul wrote, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind." The Greek word from which the King James Bible gets the word "effeminate" is malakos, which literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man. The "abusers of themselves with mankind" are those men who engage in unnatural sexual relations with other men - homosexuals. That is also how the NASB, the NKJV, and the NIV traslate the verse."

Christians need to take a stand against sin. I think sometimes we are afraid to be bold about what the Bible says about different issues because we may not know what the Bible says about a particular issue or sin.

I pray God will intervene in this matter. I know I'm very disappointed to hear this news and will be praying for Ray and his family. I understand his divorce is final, but he and his ex-wife still are close.

Until next time...

1 comment:

marnmic said...

we got news about this on monday. sad, sad, thing...