Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Word

These past few days have been very hectic, but it's amazing how God can still speak when we take moments for Him to do so. Tonight, Brad spoke from Galatians 5. The question for tonight was "Where are you?" He brought out "where are you standing?" "how do you run?" and "how do you walk?" Are we standing firm in the liberty of Christ? Are we running well without the weights? Are we walking in the Spirit? Something that he brought out that hit me pretty hard was ... when life is crazy and we become tired and possibly have a church service to attend. Do I go anyway? Live in the Spirit...or do I let my flesh take over and just stay out. That's part of living in the Spirit. I can't tell you how many times it would be easy to just lay out of church when I'm tired, but because of a position I have at church, I sometimes push myself a little more. Most of the time, I get something out of the message and I'm thankful I pushed past that tired feeling. I know not everyone is able to do this, and that's where I have to be careful to not judge others and there reasonings for not coming to church.

Well...it was one of those crazy days, but I never had a doubt in my mind that I would be going to church. I really have enjoyed these meetings, and I would not have a problem if it ended up going longer (but I haven't heard anything about that).

Today I had to be at the hospital to do some blood work my doctor ordered. This was a different test than I usually take. Due to some results from a previous pap, my doctor wanted to check for diabetes...at least keep it in check since my parents both have it.

Last night I began my fast, and this morning made it to the hospital in time to register and get to the lab by 8:00...then I waited (about a half hour) and got the first blood drawn. Then I waited about another hour and drank a very sugarie drink. Sorta tastes like flat sunkist, with about 5x the sugar. I was so hungry I almost got choked on it from drinking it too fast. I waited another half hour and got more blood drawn, then another half hour another set of blood work...finally after another hour, I was able to get my last set of blood drawn. I left and went to Wal-mart to buy some tights (as I was very cold in my skirt) and then to get something to eat at Chick-fil-a. I love that place and enjoy eating there, but it's not close to my office I normally work at...so I stopped at the chance to eat there. I finally got to work around 12:40. I'll be taking off some time during my lunches this week to make up for it. Unless I end up staying over some night...sometimes that happens.

I don't know when the results will be ready for my doctor...or if I need to meet up with them. I will call them in the morning to see what I need to do next.

Well...until next time...

*The Word recorded by Sara Groves from the CD "Conversations" released 2001.

No comments: