Thursday, December 04, 2008

365

Well...I have been sick for the past four or five days. I am beginning to feel better, and I think it's now just a cold. My throat wasn't sore this morning so that's a blessing. I don't mind having a cold I can usually sing with a cold, but if I don't have my voice I can't sing...and I'm scheduled to sing twice this weekend.

I missed church on Sunday evening. I wasn't feeling well that morning, but I really needed to be there. I went to work on Monday and class that night. When I got home from class, I had a low grade fever. I didn't think I was going to head to work the next day, but I was hoping I would feel better. I stayed home all day Tuesday. Yesterday was back to work. Joyce was out for training most of the day. She came back around 3:00, and my boss left then.

On my way to church last night, I had got a call from Crystal at the Flatwoods Branch asking for some help. I did as much as I could over the phone. She called again around 6:15 and I went to the office to help her find the mistake. We found part of it, but I really couldn't see the rest of it.

I got back to church around 7:30 in time to work with the kids and their Christmas program. We were able to assign parts and go over their songs for the evening. Hopefully this weekend Kat and I will be able to get the songs on poster board.

I got home and got the kids parts typed out. Then worked on the Christmas music service line up. I think I need to fine tune it, but it's pretty much in order. I hope to run off the copies of it on Saturday evening, after the Christmas walk.

I will probably be at church for the next three days a lot. I'm going to change the sign and clean the fellowship hall and upstairs tonight. I will probably clean the sanctuary tomorrow night and put the lights up on Saturday morning. I hope I can find the lights. Where we did remodeling, I may not be able to find them. I do have a check to purchase some items from Sam's...so I may need to get more of them.

That's all for now.

--365 recorded by Nicole C. Mullen from the Christmas release Christmas in "Black & White" 2006

No comments: