Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...


The Jayne family has many different and unusual Christmas traditions. One of those being the fact we celebrate Christmas during the Thanksgiving weekend. The past two years actually celebrating on Thanksgiving Day after our Thanksgiving dinner. Many times we have memories growing up of special things that happened over this particular Christmas celebration.

One in particular is the year, my dad walked around the house singing..."It's the most wonderful time of the year." I think that is the main line he would say and he would just repeat it for no reason in particular. Now when I hear that song...no matter who is singing it, I remember my dad singing it through the house.

I'm so blessed with special memories of my parents and family. I'm so thankful God gave me such a wonderful family to support me and enjoy life.

Here is a picture of my daddy...in his usual position.

---

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" recorded by Plus One, from the release "Christmas" CD released 2002.

No comments: