Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joseph and Simeon Recitative & What My Eyes Have Seen

I really love Simeon & Anna part in the account of the Nativity. Two people waiting to see our Savior. In "The Child of the Promise" Simeon and Joseph speak and then Simeon and Anna sing this beautiful song.

What my eyes have seen
My heart reveals to be...
The Child of the promise of God
No longer a mystery
Now I can leave this world in peace
Because of What my eyes have seen
Though this Promise seems small and fragile
He will be filled with the power of the Lord
Some will receive Him
Some will reject Him
But He will never be ignored
He is the Lord
What my eyes have seen
The Spirit reveals to me
To be the light of the world
The Savior, Messiah, and King
Now I can depart in peace
Because of What my eyes have seen
Praise to You, O God
For this blessed Child
This is Anna, a prophetess
She has not left the temple in many years
She prays and worships night and day
You can trust its God she hears
What my eyes have seen
The Spirit reveals to be
The long-awaited Son of God
That fulfilment of our prophecy
No longer just a silent dream
This Child has come here to redeem
Anyone who seeks to know Him
What my eyes have seen
(What my eyes have seen)
The Spirit reveals to be...
(The Spirit reveals to be...)
To be the light of the world
(To be the light)
The Savior, Messiah and King
Now I can depart in peace
Because of What my eyes have seen
Though this Promise seems small and fragile
He will be filled with the power of the Lord
Some will receive Him
Some will reject Him
But He will never be ignored
He is the Lord

The line that hits me and brings me to the point of this blog is "Some will receive Him, Some will reject Him".

My pastor spoke this past Sunday on Jesus becomes a man. He has been doing a series for the past three weeks from John 1. He began with out Jesus was God Incarnate. Then he spoke last week about Jesus being the Light of the world. This week he brought out a point about how some will reject Jesus, but some will accept Him. John 1:11-13 "He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

Jesus came as God Incarnate, to light the way to God, and some of his own people rejected Him...but for those who did receive Him...He gave the right to become children of God.

What a priviledge! Do people really know what they are rejecting when they reject this gift God sent...His son? I do know one thing...even though they reject Jesus here on earth, there will be one day." In Romans 14 verse 10 through 12 discuss this fact. "Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us will gie an account of himself to God."

One day they will bow...but it may be too late. We need to get out there to show them the love of Jesus and speak truth to them.

May your Christmas be real to you this year.

------

*Joseph & Simeon Recitative & "What My Eyes Have Seen" from the recording "The Child of the Promise" released 2000



No comments: