Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is All I Have to Give

Joseph was a man...a real man. He had a fiance, named Mary. One day Mary came to him and said, "I'm with child." Joseph being a real man...was ready to put her away quietly. Think about this...Joseph's fiance comes to him and says she's pregnant. Joseph knowing that this child was not his. Can you imagine the hurt? Can you imagine how this news made him feel as a man? But after the news came to him, and angel visits him, and says, "fear not Joseph. It's okay, the child Mary is carrying is the Messiah." After the news from the angel and believed the angel was right and he believed Mary was carrying the Messiah. He was willing to become the adoptive father of Jesus. To teach him what he knew. What an incredible thought! Joseph taught Jesus how to become a carpenter.

Todd Agnew wrote an incredible song from the view of Joseph. This song is entitled "This is All I Have to Give." Here are the words:

I've always dreamed I built a cradle
We lay you in when we brought you home
When we brought you home
But there you lay fast asleep in a feed trough
It was all that I could find
I'd always hope that you'd have my eyes
Maybe you'd get the skill of my hands
But as I look into Your eyes
I see Your hands created mine
This is all I have to give
You can share my home and bear my name
This is not how you should live
The son of God has become the son of man
This is all I have to give
I'd always thought about how I'd teach You how to build Your first chair
And how to treat Your mom
Your lovely mom
How to explain the reckless love of God
To Your simple mind
What can I offer You my son
When Your the living breathing proof
Of everything I've hoped could possibly be true
This is all i have to give
You can share my home and bear my name
This is not how You should live
The son of God has become the son of man
This is all I have to give
Why couldn't God have chosen another man
How can I lead this family when I don't understand
And how can I take the place of Your dad
When I can not explain
Even how You can to be
My sweet Jesus
My baby boy
This is all I have to give
You can share my home and bear my name
This is not how You should live
The son of God has become the son of man
The glory of God taking the form of man
May the grace of God shine upon this man
This is all I have to give
I really enjoy seeing new things in the first Christmas account. I think sometimes when we hear something over and over, we can take it for granted, but looking at it with new, fresh eyes, can bring a new hunger to something very familiar.
In regular life...tonight was the first performance of the Christmas play. I thought it went well. It was funny because my sister called me during the scene 2 while I was on stage. She left a voice mail. I was thankful I had the phone on vibrate. LOL!!!
Tomorrow is the David Phelps concert. I'm so excited! I love to hear that man sing. He could sing the phone book and it would be interesting.
The first performance for the cantata is Sunday morning...I have a solo.
The second performance of the Christmas play is Sunday night. I can't wait to see how it goes. I had to do some major fast changing. I didn't think it would take that long to change, but it was pretty crazy.
Well...I need to close for now. May you be able to find time to read the Christmas account in the Bible with a new perspective. I know I have enjoyed seeing it new...It's good to do that...especially when things are going crazy and our mind can easily be distracted by things around us...instead of what this season is really about...JESUS!!!
----
"This is All I Have to Give" from "Do You See What I See?" by Todd Agnew, featuring Vince Lichlyter. Release date 2006.

No comments: