Sunday, January 18, 2009

How beautiful...

"How beautiful the radiant bride...who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes." Tonight's message was on the third church in Revelation. This church was rebuked for allowing false teachers to hang out with them. Pastor brought out a definition of worldiness, and I have been thinking about that definition since I've heard it.


Worldliness - any pre-occupation with or has the interest in the temporal system of life that places antyhing perishible before eternal things.


Well...when it's put that way...I think, myself included, that Christians may all have a little worldliness in them. I thought about my weekend for example. After work, I went to class (at a Bible school). After class I met up with some girlfriends to see a movie. Not a bad thing seeing a movie, but how many times can we get wrapped up into a movie or television show and forget about what is imporant...getting the gospel to others...spending time with Jesus...showing the love of Jesus to a dying world.


One of pastor's points was our marriage to Christ. He began illustrating how we need to protect this marriage, just as we would a marriage to another person...in fact this marriage needs to be protected to help us in our daily lives. We, Christians, are called the bride of Christ. How special a name to be called! I have said a few years ago, that Jesus would be the only husband I would have probably. Not being "super spiritual", but seriously thinking this world will come to an end, and I believe that Jesus will come back for His bride, before I meet a husband with skin on. But I know that I fail miserably with my relationship with THE BEST Husband. I know that I don't spend enough time with Him. Sometimes, I will go and think about Him quite often, while other days can attract my attention. Those days when I'm thinking of Him...are usually my best days. I love to think of Jesus actually with me (maybe watching something on TV with me, or going to the movies...I remember a couple of times I made sure my front seat was cleaned out so that He would be able to sit in my car without having stuff in His seat...days when I'm hurting and crying, I imagine myself laying in His lap, and His arms wrapping around me to comfort me)...yes those are my best days. But worldliness seems to attract my attention, and at times I will be distracted and not think of Jesus for a few hours.



During my Friday night pyschology class we had a teaching tape on "Truth." It was from a Christian perspective. I'm so glad that when I decided to go back to school that I chose a Christian college. I don't think I could survive a secular school. Anyway...the statement was asked during our truth quiz "Any religion is fine as long as it works for you." We were to answer either "strongly agree", "somewhat agree", "Don't Know", "Disagree", or "Strongly disagree". It would have been interesting to see the answers for a place that wasn't a Bible College. This statement "any religion is fine as long as it works for you" is not what the Bible states. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father, but by me." If you don't include Jesus in "religion" all you have is works and a bunch of words that WILL NOT get you to Heaven in the end. The gospel is a simple one, but so many people don't get it. Jesus came to earth, He lived, and then took our punishment for our sins upon Him, He died, but PRAISE THE LORD, He rose again! Hallelujah! He lives in Heaven with God the Father...seated at His right hand.

By faith, we believe the work Jesus did for us. By faith, we trust Him. By faith...

Are you living your life to please God, to protect this heavenly marriage, or with an absolute truth?

Make 2009 a year that you do. I have really enjoyed this year so far. I have grown and seen a lot of areas, where I fail. I know God is NOT finished with me yet. I want to be a vessel He can live through...a vessel that can be used of Him. How beautiful your life can be for His glory!

Until next time...

No comments: