Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol - Motown Week

I was really excited about this week's Idol performances. Mainly because the song choices were going to be better than country. I'm just not a country fan. This week I watched the show with some friends, and we discussed a lot of the performances...so their comments may be interjected with mine.

Now on to my opinions...

Matt (My Matt)...I love this guy...I said it last week...I loved him since the Georgia performance in Hollywood...he swept my heart then and he still has it. Wow!! The song "Let's Get It On" is an interesting choice with me, mainly because I think of one of the couples in my circle of friends that have this as their ringtone. But My Matt gave it such a better flavor. His blusy vocals swoon my heart. I was literally fanning myself during his performance. LOVE HIM! LOVE HIM! LOVE HIM!

Kris - "How Sweet It Is" - I'm not sure about him vocally. Yes, he's cute and adorable, but I don't feel he's brought his vocals to the level of the competition it needs to be with the likes of A.Lambert, Danny and My Matt. Last week, he showcased his vocals really well, but this week his song choice for me was part of it for me. Judges seemed positive with the performance though.

Scott - "You Can't Hurry Love" - Scott is an amazing piano player and entertainer. I think his song choice was good...unfortunately Simon didn't agree, nor to Randy. It was nice for me that he did an upbeat song instead of a slower one.

Megan - "For One In My Life" - I tell you ... her voice wasn't on it tonight. Thankfully she didn't do her annoying dance she's done for the past several weeks. I thought the vocals were not where they needed to be to keep her in for another week. Maybe her fans can pull her through again. We'll see.

Anoop - "Ooh, Baby, Baby" - This boy can sing...and has a good upper range. Not as good as A.Lambert, but it's good. I liked this choice for him...I know it's those slower songs that tend to lose me, because I get bored pretty easy...to do a slower song...you have to keep the attention of the audience.

Michael - "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" - I like Michael...I think he could have done better tonight though...however, I don't think he should leave this week. I remember when I first heard someone besides the Temptations sing this song...it was from LA Law when Blair Underwood's character sang this to Michele Greene's character. Of course, Blair has a lot of soul in him and he did an incredible cover of it. If Michael had seen that performance maybe it could have inspired him a little.

Lil Rounds - "Heat Wave" - I was disappointed in Lil this week...this is another week I thought she could have done better. Like the judges said...Lil has this incredible big voice, she really needs to use it. I also didn't like the hair this week.

A.Lambert (Adam) - "Tracks of my Tears" - WOW!! I really am learning to like this guy. When I first heard him audience...I felt he had a lot of Broadway in him. It's not a bad thing, but a recording artist for radio airplay shouldn't sound too Broadway. I've seen A.Lambert grow over the last several weeks. With the slip in last week's performance...he has shot straight to the top again. Really love his high range, when it doesn't sound too Broadwayish. He did an EXCELLENT job tonight.

Danny Gokey - "Get Ready" - I love Danny...he's another one I have watched from the beginning and had my hopes for a good ending. I loved this performance...I totally disagreed with the judges. I thought it was a great song...showed personality. Maybe not as good as A.Lambert, but definitely didn't disappoint me.

Allison - "Papa was a Rolling Stone" - I wasn't too fond of the song choice. She did well on the vocal. I would have liked to hear her sing something like "R-E-S-P-E-C-T." I think she could have pulled it off.

Tonight, my top three performance (in no particular order) are: My Matt, A.Lambert, and Danny Gokey. My choice to leave would be Megan, but then again...that's been my choice for the last two weeks...but I still think some of her fans can keep her in a few more weeks.

Until the results show...

No comments: