Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hallelujah!

We sing hallelujah
when all has become nothing
our hope in the Savior
has covered all we do
let it be for you
we'll sing hallelujah
and fall to the ground again
with hands stretched up to the sky
we're waiting for the day,
we'll hear the father say
"well done, good and faithful one
enter in, come on share with me
welcome home, good and faithful one
on and on to eternity
--- Newsboys "Hallelujah"

This week has been an incredible week for me spiritually. I have been blessed with some great things in my life. It began last Sunday morning. A good friend of mine shared a prayer request for me and I felt that morning I needed to pray for a miracle for her. By the time I got to her house to pick her up for church that morning, I could see a little bit of evidence for the miracle. Her attitude about the situation she was facing was not going to let her down, but I wanted more than just an attitude adjustment. I wanted to see God really show her He is in control of her situations. That mornings message was helpful for me to continue to pray for this miracle. Pastor Scott has been preaching for the last several weeks in Matthew about different aspects with Jesus as King. For the past four weeks, he focused on the temptation of the King. Three of those weeks, he focus on each temptation. Sundays was the temptation of protection. That message was in the back of my mind all week. After church was over, my friend shared with me a praise that God had given her at church. She had a temptation of not giving her tithes and offering because of this situation she was facing, but she finally stood up to Satan and said she's giving it anyway. After church was over a member of the church came to her to speak with her and then shook her hand. Left in her hand was the exact amount of money that she had given in the offering plate...100%. God is good...all the time...all the time...God is good.

That evening pastor preached the message on the 7th church in Revelation. It was the luke-warm church. Throughout the message I kept thinking..."I don't want to be a casual Christian." I want to be one on fire for God...reaching others and praying for protection of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Throughout the week, I began to hear from my brothers and sisters (immediate family) - a new tradition for us in 2009. Such a blessing to hear how God is working in their lives too. I love being able to share how He's working in my life too. I shared with them my praise for the first part of the miracle that I had been praying for.

On Wednesday, my sister Leah wrote her letter, and mentioned for us to be praying for her son Jacob...as she felt he may be close to accepting Jesus as his Savior. I began praying as soon as I read the words. I knew God would answer my prayer...I wasn't sure when, but I knew He would...well the VERY next day, my brother-in-law Mike wrote that at 6:50 that morning, Jacob accepted Jesus as Savior. What a blessing! I cried happy tears when I was relaying the message to my parents. It was just such a special blessing to hear that.

Friday came quickly, and my week was still going well. That evening, I even had a test, and I wasn't going to let it get me down. I think I did better on this one than the last one. I was excited to turn in my reaction paper from the week prior, because I felt very strongly on the subject.

The next day my friends were getting together to celebrate the birthdays of Kat and Steve. The plans were to head to TGI Fridays and then go back to the house for some fellowship. Even though the plans didn't work out exactly...the group I was in had a blast anyway. We watched a comedy DVD by Tim Hawkins. So funny! After it was over, we talked a little more. It was a really good time.

This morning was a really good day! It began with worship service...things were a little hectic at first...I had to run sound for the service, and the recording program didn't work. I didn't let it get me too down. I just told pastor...we will have sound, just no recording capabilities. He just smiled...he knows how temperamental it can be.

The afternoon was spent with Felicity and Grace (pastor's daughters). We were going to see the Jonas Brothers movie in 3D. We had a really good time. It's a lot of fun hanging out with them. They enjoyed being able to go to a fun movie and I had an excuse to see the movie. LOL!!! I thought the 3D effects were really good...better than the last 3D movie I had seen...which was Spy Kids 3D with my niece and nephews from Nebraska.

After the movie we went to get something to eat and then we went to the church to get it ready for the evening service. Felicity was going to play for the offering that night so she practiced and I got the words typed out for the song I was going to sing that night. I had decided on "One Touch" a favorite of my friends. Sara had turned around to ask me what I was singing during the worship singing, and I said "I don't know for sure." She just gave me a frustrated look. I knew it was one of her favorites...but I was getting nervous about singing...I don't know why, but I was. It went well with the message on prayer that Pastor spoke.

I say all this prior to finally finish my hallelujah moment of this week...which I pray will carry me throughout this week. The message was so simple...yet it needs to be simple to be a reminder when praying through the week.

See the following outline

What good does it do to pray anyway?
1. Basic questions about prayer
A. Who can pray? (I Peter 3:12) - God's people, the believer
B. Why do we pray? (I John 2:1) - We have an Advocate with the Father - for fellowship
C. Where do we pray? Anywhere...Daniel prayed in the lions Den, Jonah prayed in the belly
of the well, Jesus prayed in the garden
D. When do we pray? (I Thess. 5:17) - all the time. without ceasing.
E. How shall we pray? position of the heart is more important than the position of the body
1) by faith
2) submission
3) reverence
4) boldly
2. Basic ways God answers our prayer
A. Yes - this is our favorite answer...Hezekiah had a yes answer to his prayer
(II Kings 20:1)
B. No - There can be several reasons why a no answer can be given. God may tell us why in this life, or it may not be revealed to us.
1) no - because we may not be in fellowship (Ps. 66:18)
2) no - because we ask amiss
3) no - because we don't ask according to His will (I John 5:14)
4) no - because God gives us a will...so if you are praying for someone specifically caught up in a sin...don't stop praying for them, because God has given that person a will to choose, and they may have chosen...but DON'T STOP PRAYING!
5) no - because God has something better for us.

C. Wait - Is 55:8-9. God's ways are higher than my way, He may know that something is not right for us at this time, and it may be that we need to grow more before getting the specific answer. Simeon prayed for the Messiah and it wasn't until he was old that the Messiah came. It was answered, but not when Simeon would have thought it would happen.

This message was exactly what I needed. I have had a few prayer requests I have been praying for...this message encouraged me to keep on praying. It was nice because since I ran the sound I didn't have to lead the invitation song, so I went to the front for prayer. A few minutes after I was there, my friend Mary came to me and wrapped her arms around me, and prayed with me, and then pastor came over to pray with us. I began quoting Romans 8:26...The Spirit maketh intercession for us, when we don't know how to pray...I began to cry and just praise God for this time. It was a beautiful moment.

After service, we had choir practice and then, a few of us got together at Pizza Hut to have some fellowship. It was such a sweet time. When I got there, we sat together and caught up with things happening in Sara's life with school. She shared a praise about a specific prayer request. Before we ate, I prayed for the meal and made sure to mention thank you to God for the praise that Sara had just shared. We finished our food and before we left, Ginger mentioned she should pray before we head out to our week ahead. She led us in prayer and then we shared specific requests we wanted to have others pray for us. It was such a blessed time. God is good! This I know.

May your week be encouraged too...

No comments: