Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the umbrella project

Hey there...long time no talk. It's been very busy for me the past few weeks. I enjoy writing in my blog, but I don't want to write just to say I've written in it. It would be nice to be able to say something profound, but it's sometimes difficult to put into words what God is doing in my life. He's working definitely, but just hard to explain...and sometimes the way He is working I'm not able to express because He's using circumstances that involve other people.

Anyway...I first want to mention a new project that needs to be checked out. It's a CD by my nephew Micah Jayne. You can find his stuff at www.myspace.com/micahjayne or at www.micahjayne.com He's an incredibly talented young man. Amazing gift God has given him. Anyway...the project was released March 15th...please order the project...you can contact him through either above listed websites. Thanks...

In spiritual areas...

I recently viewed my favorite movie "Facing the Giants" and was reminded of a commitment I made to God about wanting to honor God in my actions and attitudes. I love the speech Coach Grant Taylor says when presenting his new team philosophy "I want God to bless this team so much people will talk about what He did. But it means we gotta give Him our best in every area. And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So I'm askin' you..What are you living for? I resolved to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results up to Him. I want to know if you'll join me." That quote is very convicting to me...because I know sometimes my actions and attitudes don't honor God. I don't always give Him my best. But I have recommitted again to this philosophy. I want to do give Him my best...I want people to talk about what He's doing in my life. I have part of that phrase in my signature at my work email...so when people get emails from me, they know I'm a Christian by that statement. I want people to know that I live my life to honor God. That way there is accountability in my life. People are watching how we live...people are curious if this relationship is for real...or if it's just religion.

Now...my pastor has been preaching the last several weeks on Sunday evenings about prayer. I have noticed that before he began preaching on this subject that my prayer life had begun to change. One situation was where a friend needed to have a miracle in her life. I began praying on Sunday morning for this miracle and by Friday night of the next week the miracle was answered. Hallelujah! Also my way for praying for my home church has changed. I used to pray that many people would visit our church and feel the need to join (not really praying how they can impact our church in a positive way)...but recently I have been praying that God protect our church from negative influences. Because of this prayer I'm wondering if that's why somethings haven't happened that others are curious about...like I said...I really can't explain this because it does affect other people.

While changing my prayer life, I have also been keeping a journal of prayer requests. I havea page for requests from each member of my family and praise reports. I want to record answers to these prayer requests.

In other areas...
This past weekend I was able to enjoy a visit from my brother David and his family. I enjoyed having some time with Karis. She's such a sweet girl...and has a lot of potential. I was the first to purchase a copy of Micah's CD...he had given one to my parents, but when he handed me mine, I asked how much? He told me so I was the first to purchase it. YEAH ME!!! (oh no, I sound like London Tipton...LOL!)

Work is okay...the months of January and February had hit us pretty hard with storms. There were several days I was mentally worn out...but recovering pretty well now.

Well...that's about all...hope you enjoy the update...until next time...

No comments: