Monday, April 20, 2009

Brainwash

Romans 12:2 - "Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." (The Message)

Nicole C. Mullen wrote a song that was from studying this verse. It's called "Brainwash"
I need a brainwash
From my head to my soul
I need a brainwash
Bring it down to my toes
I need a brainwash
In and out 'cause you know
I need a B-R-A-I-N double wash

Overwhelmed by the stuff on TV
Overloaded from the pressure fallin' on me
Light head! Oxygen! I've gotta breath

Email, myspace, backin' up all the time
Voicemail, press one if you're on the line
Transformer, can you renew my mind?

I love that line ... "Transformer, can you renew my mind?" Because it's by the Word of God that we can renew our mind.

I took my final in my Romans class tonight. On the way to class I was thinking of this song, because it comes from my favorite chapter of Romans (chapter 12). It's a chapter...it begins the application of what Paul has been teaching.

BTW...I got a B on my final. YEAH!!! I was hoping for an A...but I ended up with a B, so it's better than a C...and it's still good.

Until next time...

No comments: