Sunday, April 12, 2009

The More I Seek You

Happy Easter everybody! I know it's almost over, but it's been a very busy day for me. I overslept this morning, but still was able to make it to sunrise service on time. My friend Ginger spent the night with me. It was funny because I wouldn't have made it in time to pick her up had she not spent the night with me.

This morning at sunrise, my dad spoke at my church. It was so nice to hear him speak again. I haven't had the privledge of hearing him since he started preaching again (after his time away due to medical reasons). It was nice to hear him and how he shared the message of the resurrection from the disciples on the way to Emmaus. I sang before he spoke. It was a new song called "The More I Seek You." It's not an Easter song, but because we know that Jesus is alive, we are able to seek him and find him and love him. So I sang it anyway. After sunrise service the gang went to Peddler's for breakfast. It was good food and fellowship. My parents were able to come with us and that was nice.

After breakfast it was back to church for the morning service. Pastor spoke on the resurrection shown in the book of Matthew. Before his message, Ruth Collins asked if I would sing the song I sang that morning for sunrise...so I did. It lead into the message very well.

After church, Ginger and I were looking for a friend, and was able to find out that he was safe, but we still haven't seen him. We ended up at Pizza Hut and met up with my parents again for lunch. Afterwords we went home and I took a nap and she watched a movie...and then napped for about 10 minutes.

It was back to church for the evening service and I really enjoyed the message tonight. Pastor Scott spoke from Phil. 1:1-7 - using verse 6 as the key. He said that when we become a Christian, God does a definite work, then a divine plan, and determined work (He doesn't give up on us). It was a really good message. Before the message tonight, Gary and Connie Carrico sang "I Bow On My Knees and Cried Holy." I love that song and when they sing it...it blesses my heart.

After church was over, I went over to Kat and Ben's and fellowshipped with them and Mary. We just talked and I ate some popcorn. I'm getting tired from the long day so I'm heading out...but before I do I wanted to write a little about the song "The More I Seek You."

My brother sent me an mp3 file with that song and asked me to listen to it and learn it. He wanted to play it for me the next time he was visiting. I would have loved to wait for him to accompany me, but the song had been on my heart a lot recently. So I found the track that was recorded with the file I had heard. It's a beautiful accompaniment, and the simple lyric just reaches out and touches a person.

The more I seek You, the more I find You
The more I find You, the more I love You
I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hands
Lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heartbeat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming

I hope you were able to find time to seek Jesus today and that the love He gives us overflowed in your life.

God bless....

No comments: