Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving Forward

Israel Houghton...I became a fan when a friend of mine purchased his first solo release "Whisper It Loud" (on cassette). The reason my friend purchased it was that he had discovered that my favorite guitarist in the Christian music industry had collaborated with Israel. Since that first solo release, Israel has made a name for himself as a worship leader...writing many songs that are currently sung in churches.

I had the opportunity a few years ago, to see him in concert. He was at a local church who has had him for worship conferences. This night was a concert and I took my VERY favorite CD (which I now have two copies of...) "Whisper It Loud." The look on his face was priceless. He looked me in the eye and asked, "Do you realize how valuable this CD is?" I told him, that I had two. I had purchased one on ebay and the same friend (who had bought the cassette)had found me a copy of the CD.

Anyway...recently I purchased a copy of "The Power of One" by Israel Houghton. Listening to this recording over the past several days, I have enjoyed several different songs. The first few times listening through the CD, I usually try to listen to all of the songs, but sometimes they just don't hit me at that time...it takes a couple of times listening to it for me to really "listen" to the message of the song. "Moving Forward" was one of those songs. After the first few times, I would just skip over it until I found one of my other favorites, but now this is one of them that I like to listen to. Of course, I went to youTube and found a version of the song. The video below is sung by Steve Crawford (1 part of Anointed) who had joined the worship team at Lakewood Church. This video was the shorter version but it doesn't include lyrics. Steve does a good job, but I do like the CD version by Israel.

The song speaks about how God transforms our life and we need to follow him forward. Don't worry about what has happened in the past, "God makes all things new."

Hope you enjoy...



No comments: