Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crazy Love - Who Do You Love???

I'm reading a book called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. It's an interesting book...very challenging and convicting in a lot of ways. Crazy Love goes with the theme of the VBS my church had this past year. "All of me, All-out for God" - Loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and loving your neighbor as yourself.

God, our Creator, made each of us...He knew us before He made us...and there is a purpose for each of our lives. I think so many times we miss it. I know I have...

Look at the Ten Commandments...Jesus sums those commandments in the New Testament into two. Love God and love others. Sounds simple, right? Well, it is...in a way. When God's love gets a hold in our lives it changes us. We don't always act like it, but we have THE ability to live differently. I think sometimes we allow the excuses that we are still in our "human" bodies a scape goat. It's like we don't look at the standard that God has raised for us...and we try to compare ourselves to other people who are Christians. God's love is that ability for us to live differently...that motivation that challenges us to be holy people. It's not about a list of do's and don'ts.

In one of the chapters of Crazy Love, Chan describes his relationship with his daughter and I saw something that I didn't see before...I mean I knew it, but I saw it in a new way that challenged me to change my view of God. He said that when he became a father, he saw that seeing God as his father was not something to "fear," but something to be excited about... He came home one day and his daughter came up to him running to him...excited to see him...waiting for a chance to spend some time with him.

When was the last time, I ran to my Heavenly Father to spend some time with Him? When was the last time I was excited to spend some time with my Heavenly Father? He's waiting...patiently for me to come to Him...For me to crawl into His lap and feel the warmth of His loving arms wrapped around me.

While thinking about this love theme...I remembered a song by the group Glad entitled "Who Do You Love?" I found the video on YouTube and decided to post it with this blog. I think we need to examine ourselves and ask the question..."Who Do I love? What am I looking for?" God's love is there waiting for us to discover it...to be changed by it. It's a crazy love...one that is sometimes unexplainable!

Enjoy the video...










P.S. At the end of the video as they are walking away from the camera...the second guy from the left reminds me of my brother Paul. I laugh everytime I see it.



Until next time...

No comments: