Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Day 3 - VBS

*Note - corrected the classes that are working on the song. Last night my brain wasn't working well.

Well...I now officially have correct totals from the previous nights. Sunday night we had 56 kids, 11 adults, 27 workers for a total of 94. Monday night, we had 70 kids, 8 adults, and 25 workers for a total of 103. Tonight we had 72 kids, 8 adults, 25 workers, for a total of 105. We actually had mis-counted the workers, but this is correct now.

I've made it through day 3 and am feeling really good. I was able to work on my skit this afternoon, so I was better prepared tonight. It went well. Trevor brought his guitar and helped Kat play the theme song. It went well too.

My 5th & 6th graders are the best singers this year. I'm so proud of them. They will be singing "Thy Word" for the program and then with the 7th & 8th grade class will be singing "Love the Lord" by Lincoln Brewster. They are doing really well with both songs. They enjoy singing "Love the Lord" more than "Thy Word", but I still want them to do that one as a class by themselves.

Tonight's verse is from Matthew 1:21 "She shall bring forth a son and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sin." Most of the kids caught onto it. I'm really proud of the 7th and 8th grade class learning the verses. They seem to be getting into the word. Mary is trying to tell the story, then apply it to their life. It's tough because the material doesn't really help with gearing it for that age group...even though there are books for that age group.

We have two more nights of VBS and then the program on Friday. Some of us were talking after church about this year's VBS and I think this is my favorite. Last year we had a lot of kids saved by this point, but I think the kids are really soaking in what they are hearing and I think it's a seed planting year.

Until tomorrow night.


No comments: