Sunday, July 05, 2009

It's finally here...

Official start of VBS was tonight. It was an amazing day. I began my day very early...got up and welcomed myself to the land of living again. Yesterday I rested! I would say that I did absolutely nothing, but that wouldn't be true. I actually worked on my lyrics to prepare VBS transparencies, and I washed curtains (twice) that belonged to the parsonage. I don't always take days off like I did, but I was thankful I did it...and it felt great!.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and got the rest of my stuff prepared to take with me for the entire day (as I didn't come home at all). This morning, we had our VBS worker dedication. I sang "I Wish" for the special music. Pastor preached a message on a spiritual POW. It was a really good message. During our invitation, we had a man we had been praying for come forward for salvation...PRAISE THE LORD!!! It was an amazing beginning of VBS. I can't wait to see what God is going to do the rest of the week. This man had two boys who had gotten saved within the last few months. We knew God was working on him, but we didn't know when he would surrender. It was GREAT to have that happen this morning.

After church, some of the young adults went out to eat. It was a nice meal, but it took longer than I had expected. We got back to the church and began getting the details all down. Each of us pitched in and got what needed to be done. I don't think we forgot anything.

Tonight's memory verse was from Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" It was a hard one for them, but I am praying that they will try to learn it. The theme verse for the week is Mark 12:30-31 "Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength...love your neighbor as yourself."

Music is pretty cool this year...we have revamped the music. For the 1st & 2nd grades, they are singing "This is My Commandment." They will also sing some other fun songs that they may already know. I have a great sound engineer...he works really hard to not be noticed. LOL!!!

No comments: