Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 days in a row...

Wow! Two post in 2 days. What is going on??? Well...a lot actually. I have had a lot of things on my mind and have been trying to process...sometimes I'm able to process by writing other times it's just praying and talking to God.

This has been an amazing day! I love Sundays! Even though they are sometimes my most busiest days. I'm church custodian so I have to be at church a little early...there are duties that I have to make sure that are completed...making coffee, setting the A/C or heat (depending on the weather conditions), making sure lights are on, toilet paper and paper towels are ready, then there is the choosing the music for the song service. Sometimes I think about it during the week and it's not too hard to figure out what to sing...other times it's just difficult.

The days I love the most are the ones that God just puts together...days like today. This morning Pastor preached on forgiveness. Even though the songs were not exactly about forgiveness, they were about the Word of God. So they brought us to the point of where we would be going to for the message.

Tonight's service (the songs were picked out this morning), but Pastor had his message planned well before I chose the songs. Tonight we sang songs about assurance and trust...and the message was about God being our Rock and Fortress! We can trust Him! Ben sang "Grace Like Rain" and it also went well with the service. It just really fit and the service was very uplifting. Those are the days I really enjoy. Those are the days I know that I can make it through this life.

This past week I have been praying about taking on another responsibility at church. I feel that God has allowed me to be single for a reason...to be able to serve Him in areas that someone who is married may be unable to serve Him...or the fact that they may not have the time to serve Him because of other responsibilities with their families.

Well...there is a need with the nursery area of our church. The former lady who was over the nursery department has left and there were some things that we want to change when getting a new person to be the head of the department. We want it to be someone who will not just stay whenever there is a need. We just want someone who will organize a schedule and be able to ask someone to fill if for someone who is scheduled is unable to stay. I spoke with Pastor about it and he asked, "are you going to take something else on?" I said, "just listen...if I did, I wouldn't be able to just stay there." Rhonda liked that idea, because she knows that I'm unable to do that. I'm willing to step into this position because if we can get a good team of volunteers the ministry can take off...and maybe someone else will be willing to take it on. The good thing is that I'm willing to step down if someone really wants to do it. But to get it started, I believe God is giving me a desire to do this.

Those of you who read this pray for me and this new ministry. It is a burden that I believe God has given me and I hope to fulfill it well.

Well...until next time!!!

No comments: