Thursday, September 03, 2009

Expect the Unexpected

I'm a tweeter! I don't send a lot of tweets, but I do like getting tweets from some of the people I'm following. One person I am following is Priscilla Shirer. She is Dr. Tony Evans' daughter. She is also an amazing Bible teacher. This morning she sent a tweet that read...

"God doesn't fit in boxes. He is predictable in His character but unpredictable in His activity. Expect the unexpected."

Growing up as a preacher's daughter, I believe I've had the privledge of seeing those unexpected things that God can do ... and yet each time it happens (even in my adult life) it still surprises me. When I pray for a specific thing and the prayer is answered to the T...I am amazed. Why is that?? Because I don't expect the unexpected.

God gives us examples of his unpredictable activity. Abraham and his promised son Isaac...in the birth as well as the special sacrafice request. David even after his sin, became a man considered highly in God's favor. The different people and things He used to get attention. He even used Hosea's wife Gomer to show Israel what they were doing to Him. Imagine God using a prostitute to make a point...it's not something we humans would ever do.

The God I serve...is a God who is the same yesterday, today and forever in His character...but his activity is something I'm looking forward to see in the near future.

Until next time...

No comments: