Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lord Move...or Move Me

Well...for awhile I have been feeling like I'm going through the motions. It's weird, because my faith is a foundation in my life. I know God has saved me from my sin...I know He's always there for me (even when I'm feeling very lonely - which is a lot of the problem for me now). I think during tonight's Bible study it finally hit me what the problem was...I'm going through this very lonely feeling. I'm feeling very disconnected with some of my friends. I feel like I can't talk to them and explain my feelings...and instead of just taking them to the Lord...I just am having a pity party. Which now I understand the problem is I'm looking to my self...not to my God - who is ALWAYS here.

One of the ladies mentioned tonight about Jesus always being with us and it was just like the light bulb came on. If I ever heard God speak audibly I would think He would have said..."Girl...that's your problem. You are looking at yourself and not resting in Me." Of course, He directed me to Scripture instead of speaking to me audibly and the first passage I came to was Hebrews 13:5. This passage in the message reads "Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,"

I love to look at cross references - because if God repeats it...it's really important. We first find the promise of God always being with us in Genesis chapter 28:15 "Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." (NASB) The phrase that jumped out to me was "until I have done what I have promised you." The promise to Christians today is the return of the Lord...so He's gonna be there until He returns for us.

The second reference comes from the book of Deuteronomy 31:6 & 8 - verse 6 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." verse 8 "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." A couple of other words for dismayed are "terror, or dread"...sorta a feeling I was having. God's word says for me to not fear or be (of terror or dread) dismayed because He will NOT fail me or forsake me. He's always there...

The third reference I came across was Joshua 1:5b which says "Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you." What is interesting to me is that God is promising Joshua...just as He was with Moses (in the past), He will be with him (Joshua). And I can see just as He was with all those who are recorded in His word...He will be with me.

The fourth reference is I Chronicles 28:20 "Then David said to his son Solomon, "Be strong and couragenous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished." Again...there is a since that He will be with us until the work (our life) is completed. Another thing I saw in this Scripture was the word "act." When I get to feeling sorry for myself or feeling lonely...I have usually slipped into a life of sediment...a life that isn't doing anything but lying there. I think of putting sugar in a glass of tea. If it is lying sediment at the bottom the tea is not going to taste sweet...but once you get the sugar stirred up or moving to where it can be tasted the tea is good to drink.

Earlier I felt yucky...like I was just going through the motions, but after reading these passages...I see it wasn't God who moved...it was me. That thought reminded me of a song by FFH. I looked for a video with the lyrics, but couldn't find one...so I'll just post the video for you to listen to the song. My prayer now...is "Lord, move...or move me"...to which I think the answer will be that He's gonna move me because I'm the one who stopped moving.





Until next time...

No comments: