Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11 - Don't worry!

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord..." I was reminded of this verse by one of my facebook friends. I have known this verse for awhile now and at one time it was a verse of the moment for me, but in all the uncertainty I needed that reminder today.

God knows the plans of what is happening in our lives...He knows them before we know something is going to happen. Last night at Bible Study a good friend of mine told me she lost her job. I got an excitement in me because I saw an opportunity of God working in her life. Why can I sometimes only see that in other peoples lives? I know He works in my life too, just as He does with my friends, but instead of being excited to see what He's doing, I become concerned or even worried - which from our Bible Study last night was a demand of "not to worry."

I love how God gently reminds me of the things that I know already. Simply with the passage of Scripture from the facebook friend, I was reminded that I wasn't seeing my situation as I was seeing with my friend's situation. Now I'm looking to see what God is going to do with this situation...with excitement, too.

No comments: