Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goals

Well it's that time of year again...the time that some people take to evaluate where they have been and where they are going and what they want to change about it. I have been doing some goal setting. I don't really like to call them resolutions, because just the idea of a resolution it sometimes get a bad rap because people don't keep them.

Here are a few goals that I have made for 2010.

1. To drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water. I think I will get this to 9 glasses though, as I do have three bottles I fill and use for measuring...it equals to 9 glasses if I drink all three bottles.

2. To weigh myself each week and record my progress with my accountability partners. The idea of having people see what I weigh I think will help me stay more accountable.

3. To measure myself one a month. I'll probably do this the same day I weigh...just in the evening.

4. To watch portions and what I put into my mouth. I may do this by keeping a food journal. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to do this, for sure, but I think staying accountable is the key. This journal, may be something that I incorporate in later in the year, if I'm struggling with the weight loss.

5. My sister Becky made this goal and I like it. To eat something raw each day (either fruit or vegetable). I think that will help me to make better choices.

6. To attempt to read the Bible through in a year. I have made attempts in the past, and each year have gotten further, but I still get lost in that Old Testament at times. This year I'm going to try to read books in a different order. I have a checklist for daily reading and I'm going to try to work on completing a book before I head to the next section.

Those are a few of the goals I have, I do hope to succeed in them.

Until next time...

No comments: