Sunday, January 03, 2010

Hymns...

I love the hymns...I know a lot of people think they are out dated and it's great that a lot of Christian artists are bringing them back in a new way and introducing those songs of the faith to us in a new way. One hymn in particular is by Casting Crowns. I had seen the chorus of the song they recorded "Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)" and thought...I know that song...in fact last week we sang that song. My friend Kat didn't remember us singing it, but I knew we did. I couldn't remember what the name of it was in our hymn book, so I asked our piano player and she told me...it was "One Day."

Anyway...I still hadn't heard the version that Casting Crowns has done...so I search YouTube to find the full version of the song...it's a very different arrangement of the hymn, but the lyrics are still true...in fact they added some to each verse. I'll have the lyrics below the YouTube video for you to listen to...




Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)

1.One day when heaven was filled with his praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt amongst men, my example is he
The Word became flesh
The light shined amonged us
His glory revealed

Chorus:
Living he loved me; dying, he saved me
Buried, he carried my sins far away;
Rising, he justified freely, forever
One day he's coming - O Glorious Day

2.One day they led him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed him to die on a tree
Suffering anguished, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is he
The hands that healed nations
Stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

3.One day the grave could conceal him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then he arose, over death he had conquered
Now is ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold him
The grave could not keep him
Rising again

4.One day the trumpet will sound for his coming
One day the skies with his glories will shine
Wonderful day, my beloved one bringing
My Savior, Jesus is mine

This is such a great though...it goes through the entire life of Jesus...coming from heaven as a baby, then the cross, the tomb/and rising again, and finally when He comes back for us.

My pastor has been preaching from the book of Revelation. It's weird because I think sometimes we as people get full of ourselves and think we have it bad...but when you read through the book of Revelation, you find that things here now are not so bad. It's going to be really bad one day, but if you have accepted the gift Jesus has offered to you, then you will be in heaven ... you will not have to live through the tragedy that will occur.

This is a new year...think about your relationship with Jesus...if you don't have one, then you need that first. Jesus came to this earth as a baby...grew up and became our sacrifice (payment) for our sins (debt). He has already paid the price...why don't you accept Him today, if you haven't already!

Until next time...

No comments: