Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day...a day set aside to bring honor to a woman who helped in bringing to the person.


Proverbs 31:10-31

A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long
She shops around for the best yarns and cottons,
and enjoys knitting and sewing.
She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places
and brings back exotic surprises.
she's up before dawn, preparing breakfast
for her family and organizing her day.
She looks over a field and buys it,
then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden.
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking.
She's quick to assist anyone in need,
reaches out to help the poor.
She doesn't owrry about her family when it snows;
their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
She makes her own clothing,
and dresses in colorful linens and silks.
Her husband is greatly respected
when he deliberates with the city fathers.
She designs gowns and sells them,
brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
Her clothes are well-made and elegant,
and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her;
her husband joins in with words of praise:
"Many women have down wonderful things,
but you've outclassed them all!"
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades,
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
Festoon her life with praises!



This passage of Scripture is a description of my momma. Of course...she's a humble woman and would probably say that she doesn't live up to this woman who is mentioned in the passage, but in my book...it's her. My mom is an amazing woman.

Both my parents played a huge role in my life in shaping my relationship with Jesus, but my mom was the one who lead me to Jesus one wintery night in 1983. At the age of 8, I knew I had to become a Christian, and I went through the motions, but I really don't believe that at the tender age of 8 that I fully accepted Jesus' gift of Salvation. I do, believe that I became a Christian at the age of 13 in our living room, with my mom explaining the scriptures to me. I believe that was the night that I gave my heart to Christ, and fully excepted His gift of salvation for me.

My momma's favorite hymn is "Blessed Assurance" and I know why it's her favorite hymn...because there is a blessed assurance in knowing that you are in right relationship with THE Creator. Tonight in our evening service, I was able to share testimony of how much I appreciate my mom...and how this song is very special to her. We sang the third verse of it which I think is something I'd like to share here...

Perfect submission all is at rest
I, in my Savior am happy and blest
watching and waiting, looking above
filled with His goodness, lost in His love
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior, all the day long

It's something special to have a person in your life that is an amazing example of a godly woman. I know that there are some who have not experienced it, or some who have lost their godly mother...so I wanted to express my thanks to my mom in this blog today...Happy Mother's Day...thank you for being a woman that I want to model my own life after...I love you!

No comments: