Sunday, May 30, 2010

Overnight...

I just heard a new song by Amy Grant that really got me pondering more about the sermons I heard today. This morning, Pastor spoke from James 1. He talked about asking for wisdom during those trials that we are to count on in our life...and counting them as joyful, instead of being frustrated in them. Tonight's message was about turning from revenge and letting God get glory from our actions when others do us wrong. The song is called "Overnight." It's duet of Amy and her daughter Sarah Chapman. She has a beautiful voice...very similar to Colbie Caillat.

The expression "if something happens overnight you wouldn't appreciate it" is really true. I mean...it's a nice thought...to be able to get something without the trials or struggles that come with life sometimes, but would we really appreciate those things? I believe that part of the appreciation is the struggle...the ability to see what you are really made of...or in my case where my REAL strength is - GOD.

I'm finding that the older I get the more I rely on Him and I'm able to stand in the storms of life with confidence that He will get me through it...and the journey is worth it.

I have been thinking today about why I was put on earth. The main reason I was created by God is to bring glory to Him. I'm not here to make money and die. I'm not here to sing and make a name for myself. I'm here on earth to bring praise to my Heavenly Father ... My Creator. He is the reason I'm living and I'm breathing each breath I take. The struggles that He allows for me to see are things that bring Him glory...those struggles that happen days, weeks, months or even years are what makes me the person He is creating me to be.

When a trial comes into my life, I should embrace it joyfully (I struggle with the joyful part at times)...but these trials are temporary when it is in the timeline with eternity. The chorus of this song "overnight" says...

If it all just happened overnight
You wouldn't know how much it means
If it all just happened overnight
You would never learn to believe
What you cannot see
I have never seen God...but I know He's there. How??? Because I have read His word and know that He's left the Comforter with me to guide me through this life. May God show Himself to you this week...May you have the confidence to face life joyfully.
I'll leave you with the link of the song "Overnight" by Amy Grant featuring Sarah Chapman




No comments: