Saturday, May 01, 2010

We are Family...

I have really enjoyed these past couple of weeks. My sister Mary from Nebraska has been visiting here. She came to be with my mom for her 75th birthday. We had such a fun celebration. On her birthday we went to Stewarts Hot Dog...that was her choice, but on Saturday we got a few more of the family together and had another celebration with some cake. It was a fun day then too. We played a game of hide-and-seek tag. I haven't ran that much in a long time. I was glad that I was able to get on base before getting tagged a couple of times.

My sister was supposed to leave to head back home on Monday, but ended up getting to stay an extra week. And it has been really nice to have her here without distractions from other areas of life. Last night we went to Chick-fil-a and then to Wal-mart, which Marc showed me the toy area again (I have now been to Wal-mart's toy section both times that I went to Wal-mart with him). It's interesting how much different the boy toys are than girls. Dolls were so much more fun for me than the guns, swords, and other stuff.

All in all it was a really nice visit...we have a couple of more days together...and I'm already looking forward to her visit in the summer.

I do want to post about two sermons I heard this past week, but I don't have the notes from them to get it all straight. But last Sunday night, we had a very powerful service with everyone coming up front to share our giants so that we as a church family could be praying for each other. God has blessed me not only with a WONDERFUL family of two parents, and 6 brothers and sisters, and 6 in-laws with lots of nieces and nephews...BUT also with a VERY SPECIAL church family with many prayer warriors to help me and challenge me in my daily walk with Jesus.

No comments: