Monday, June 07, 2010

Casual Christian

I'm sitting here in Ocean Isle, NC a little saddened by the news of Christian music artist Dana Key passing away. It's bittersweet, because I know he's in Heaven with His Creator and Savior and there's the promise that we will see him again in Heaven.

My favorite recordings are the middle ones with Degarmo & Key..."Every Moment," "Casual Christian," "Alleluia, Christ is Coming," "Destined to Win,"...I could go on...

The first moment I read the news this morning on Clay Crosse's facebook page, the song that came in my head was "Casual Christian."

I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be a casual Christian
I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live a lukewarm life
Cause I wanna light up the night,
with an Everlasting Light
I don't wanna live a casual Christian life.

These words are just such an encourgement in my Christian walk...It's a prayer that I pray I don't fall into a casual Christian life.

Anyway...check out some youtube videos of songs Degarmo & Key has done...some of my favorite songs have videos that will go with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed the report. I've already bookmark

this article.

DeeJay said...

How did you find this? Just curious.