Monday, August 09, 2010

No Matter What...

"Your testimonies also are my delight; They are my counselors." Psalm 119:24 (NASB)

My pastor is going through Psalm 119 on Sunday nights. He is taking 8 verses each week. He began three weeks ago. He has challenged us to take one verse from the passage he preaches from and meditate each day of that week. The above verse is my verse for the week. His outline for the righteous (or upright people) is the following:
1. The upright desires life - they want to live in God's plan for their life
2. The upright desires light - they are illuminated by God's Word
3. The upright desires learning - they don't ever quit learning and studying God's word
4. The upright have a longing - they are drawn (like a magnet) for God's word

He ended the message with our challenge...when we don't have the answer for what we are facing in life we are to look in the Word. Just as we sometimes google things to find out the answers to those odd questions we have...we should search God's word for those answers. Verse 24 is a good summary for this passage is it states "Your testimonies also are my delight; They are my counselors."

This past week, I was introduced to a new song, "No Matter What" by Kerrie Roberts. This song came at just the right time for me. It talks about how we run to God when life is not always going our way. My favorite line is in the bridge:

anything I don't have you can give it to me,
but it's okay if you don't,
I'm not here for those things,
the touch of your love is enough on its own
...no matter what, I still love you,
and I'm gonna need You.

There are times that I have asked God for things and He has chosen to not give those things to me, but I have to remember I'm not here on earth to get things, I'm here to bring glory to God. By loving Him even though I don't get everything that I ask for, is a GREAT way to bring glory to Him. I can say, "No matter what, I still love God, and I'm gonna need Him. His testimonies also are my delight...they are my counselors."

I have posted the link to the song and there are lyrics with them. Please listen to it...and remember that God loves us, and no matter what, we should love Him too.

Until next time...

No comments: