Saturday, September 11, 2010

Choosing to SEE

I recommend anyone reading this blog to go out and purchase the book "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman.  She is the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman.  Their life changing moment of losing their youngest daughter Maria in 2008 has touched many lives, but Mary Beth is so honest when she writes...
When people ask how we are doing, the first thing I always say is, 'I want Maria back.  I want my son Will Franklin not to have this as a chapter in his story.  I want my children to be healthy, my family secure.  I don't really care whose life has been touches or changed because of our loss.
I can't imagine the road that God has led them, but to see the grace and hope that is being shown from their lives has been encouraging. 

I am really glad that Mary Beth included background of their life together.  Reading about how she and "Steve" met was delightful.  Seeing the differences between them and how they work to keep it together.  I'm touched at their story of love, hope and healing.

Check it out if you can...

No comments: