Saturday, October 09, 2010

But nothing surprises You...

The title of this blog comes from a line from "No Matter What" by Kerrie Roberts.  This song has been on my heart quite a bit this week.  I had heard some news of a friend who was having a really hard time.  The day I heard the news, I got the soundtrack for that song and the whole time I was practicing it, I was thinking of him.  How trusting God is what is needed to handle this life we live.

I also discovered that another lady I know is facing cancer.  When her husband gave the news, he wrote "God is not surprised by this."  Again...reminding me of this song. 

I'm planning on singing this song in a couple of weeks (October 24th).  My sister told me about the song and it came into my life at just the right time.  The first line of the song says "I'm running back to your promises one more time...Lord that's all I can hold onto."  Life is tough, but knowing that God is here to run to.  He's watching over me, is a comfort for me.  I don't have all the answers, but I know WHO does.  I'm glad that nothing surprises my GOD.  I'm glad that I have a hope in my life that I can face it each day. 

God, No matter what I'm gonna love You, no matter what I'm gonna need You!

No comments: