Thursday, December 30, 2010

Close to the end of 2010

Happy New Year Adam! (you know because Adam came before Eve!) LOL!!

Today I went for my annual ovarian scan.  This was done in Lexington, KY at Markey Cancer Center. I participate in a research program where they do an annual scan each year and monitor to see if early detection of ovarian cancer can help. Right now, there is only a 5% chance of survival of ovarian cancer.  My aunt had it and my oldest sister is a survivor.  I'm so thankful for this research program.  It's free to me.  No worry about insurance or anything like that.  So far things are looking normal :)

On the way home, I rocked some tunes from DeGarmo & Key.  Listening to those songs brought me to remembering an amazing man of God.  I still miss Dana Key - even though I had never met him, his ministry touched my heart :)

I had another great Zumba class.  I'm looking forward to seeing what will come of doing these classes and making the changes I plan to make in 2011. 

While I was driving to class, I was listening to K-Love and heard something from Pasty Clairmont.  there was a question about changing your spouse and her answer was to do nothing to him.  She talked about her personal testimony of having an unsaved spouse.  She said that she used to try to talk to him until she was blue...then one day she gave it to God and started to ask Him what He could do to her in helping the situation.  While she began to change and show God's love, eventually her husband came to Christ.  I have been praying for my future husband.  Asking for God to show me who he is and to introduce us...knowing that God may not be finished working on me - I began to wonder maybe this year instead of praying for God to introduce me to him to just continue to grow in grace and knowledge.  Begin to do my reading schedule for the New Testament, w0rk on my new challenge of a healthy lifestyle and enjoy life to the fullest.  I'm really excited to see what God has for me this year. 

May you be encouraged to make the changes that need to bring you closer to our Creator!

No comments: