Thursday, December 09, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year :)

I love Christmas time...I think it has a lot to do with the fact when I was 13 years old, I accepted Jesus as my Savior.  It was on Decmeber 20th - 5 days before Christmas :) I'm so thankful and grateful that I made the decision to accept Jesus' gift. Knowing that I have hope and assurance is a blessing.  I know many people during this time of year -- don't have hope. They don't know that things will not always be lonely, rough, or hectic.  God is an amazing source of strength.  When I'm weak, His strength is there to hold me secure.  It's sounds trite, but it's so true.  I can tell you many times when I have felt lost and alone, but knowing that Jesus was with me, I was able to get my focus where it needs to be ... on Him and giving Him glory and realized that my problems are not really problems at all. 

I'm thankful that my church allows me to organize an evening of Christmas music to celebrate this time of season.  There are so many songs that speak of the birth of Christ and the reason He came to this earth...and to be able to celebrate this season with a passion of mine - music is just double the rewards. 

I was able to sing with I:43 the original group and the new and improved I:43...we have asked a new guy in our church to join with us.  I am hoping that it will be a permanent part of this group and it's nice to have a fuller sound.  I also sang a song and dedicated it to my friend Ruthie.  She had asked me to sing it, so I decided to do it at the last minute :) It really went well.

I would like to close with a prayer for those who may be hurting during this time...may you be able to turn to God in this time of need...

Father God, I ask that you be especially with those who are hurting during this time of year.  I pray that You will bring Christian friends and people in their pathways so they may be encouraged during this time of year and may even be birthed into Your family.  I know that I'm thankful for that fact and know how important it is for others to know Your grace and peace.  May You get the honor and glory during this Christmas season...as it is the reason we celebrate.  Amen!

No comments: