Monday, May 09, 2011

Stronger by Mandisa (From the Upcoming Album "What If We Were Real")

My new song of the moment..."Stronger" by Mandisa.

The other day while working on VBS decorations, my friends mentioned that I should get this song to sing.  I hadn't recalled the song...even though they play it all the time on K-Love, so I downloaded it from itunes, then listened to it this morning on the way to work.  It was just what I needed to encourage me this morning. 

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord and be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart, Wait, I say, on the Lord."  This verse is something that has been on my heart for awhile now and I realized while listening to this song I'm getting stronger due to the waiting on the Lord.  It's tough a lot of times...when I see others getting things that I'm praying for...and it's not that I'm not happy for those others who are getting those things...I am happy for them, but there's still a hurt feeling that I'm still ... WAITING.  But this morning this song reminded me that while I'm waiting, I'm getting stronger.  I love the line from the bridge ..."He knows how much it hurts, and I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this..."  I believe that and am thankful that I do have a God who cares what I'm going through...who's there with me in the storm...who's there for me to fall into His arms. 

Hopefully you will be encouraged by this song too...

No comments: