I'm so glad that Priscilla Shirer was the chosen writer of this book, because I have read other books of hers and she brings things to a level of understanding. It's like she is talking to you instead of you reading what she has said. I really think this is a book for any woman who wants to be challenged and who wants to become the woman of God.
There are 13 resolutions in the book. They are as follows:
- I DO SOLEMNLY RESOLVE to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.
- I WILL CHAMPION God's model for womanhood in the face of a profeminist culture. I will teach it to my daughters and encourage its support by my sons.
- I WILL ACCEPT and celebrate my uniqueness, and will esteem and encourage the distinctions I admire in others.
- I WILL LIVE as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His Word.
- I WILL SEEK to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life.
- I WILL BE a woman who is quick to listen and slow to speak. I will care about the concerns of others and esteem them more highly than myself
- I WILL FORGIVE those who hav ewronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I WILL NOT TOLERATE evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in my self or my home, but will embrace and encourage a life of purity.
- I WILL PURSUE justice, love mercy and extend compassion toward others.
- I WILL BE FAITHFUL to my husband and honor him in my conduct and conversation in order to bring glory to the name of the Lord. I will aspire to be a suitable partner for him to help him reach his God-given potential.
- I WILL DEMONSTRATE to my children how to love God will all their hearts, minds, and strength, and will train them to respect authority and live responsibly.
- I WILL CULTIVATE a peacheful home where everyone can sense God's presence not only through acts of love and service but also through the pleasant and grateful attitude with which I perform them.
- I FULLY RESOLVE to make today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind. I will consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.